Desktop Icon Toy 4.0 - Use Your Desktop with Pleasure
Are you tired of a boring desktop? Would you like to give it more pizazz, and brighten you day?
Desktop Icon Toy is an easy to use desktop icon enhancement tool, which allows you to make many funny but useful
patterns out of your windows desktop icons. You can change and restore their layout with just a simple Mouse Gesture.
What cool things could you do with Desktop Icon Toy?
- Arrange Desktop Icons
- Do you want to dazzle your co-workers with flying icons that magically fly
into amazing formations like polygons and hearts?
- How about an amusing way to remind your family of the time with
an amazing figure of a fully functional analog clock?
With this cool simple tool you can even organize and arrange all your desktop icons
into simple rows to the right, along the top or place them anywhere your mind chooses?
All these things could be easily done with Desktop Icon Toy.
You can arrange your desktop icons into many complex figures and shapes, like a:
- Clock (all the icons will be aligned as a analog clock, showing the exact time).
- 4-pointed, 5-pointed, or 6-pointed Stars, a Cross, and all kinds of Hearts.
- Horizontal or Vertical Ellipse, Spiral, and Circle.
- Triangle, Rhombus, Pentagon, Hexagon, and many many Shapes.
- Align desktop icons to the left, right, top or bottom.
- Neaty Around all the Edges.
Of course, not only that, you could also:
- Arrange icons precisely with:
- "CTRL" + "Arrow Key", which moves an individual icon in that direction by one pixel.
- "ALT" + "Arrow Key", which moves an individual icon in that direction by ten pixels.
- Customize the layout by changing the order of the icons such as placing "My Computer"
as the last one, sorting icons by name, or changing the start position of the first icon.
- Save Desktop Icon Position
- Would you always work on different screen resolutions? Is your desktop icon's layout always messed up?
Desktop Icon Toy can save desktop icon layout for different screen resolutions, and it will automatically repostion and restore the proper layout when the screen2 resolution has been changed.
You can also save multiple layouts by different layout names.
- Desktop Icon Toy also supports Mouse Gesture. You can simply hold down the left mouse button in the empty area of desktop, and then move mouse to right (left, top or bottom) and release it. All icons will be arranged to right (left, top or bottom).
More features can be configured in option panel.
- With Desktop Icon Toy, you could make cool effects.
- Hover your mouse cursor over an icon to make it dance.
- Drag the icons at different speeds and drop them at another location and they will:
- Race around the desktop at blinding speed or a snails pace.
- Remove Desktop Icon Texts
- Usually, you could easily identify different programs by their icons and positions on desktop.
However, (as I suspect you do) you may have many icons cluttering your desktop,
and as you can see, it has become very slow to refresh the desktop.
Now, you could remove the classic ugly text below the desktop icons, and replace it with a cool customized pop-up tooltip
which contains the full text. NOT, just the limited text that normally appears.
Miraculously, this will significantly improve the performance when refreshing your desktop,
and your desktop will finally become very neat and tidy; more like a window on the world that you expected.
- Show/Hide Desktop Icons or Desktop Icon Texts on Demand
- Have you chosen a favorite picture as your wallpaper?
- Do you have a little regret as desktop icons covered up your wallpaper?
- Do you wish to show/hide your desktop icons or desktop icon texts on demand?
With Desktop Icon Toy, your desktop icons or desktop icon texts could be always hidden, and would only be shown when you
really need them. (Such as click desktop, mouse over desktop or over desktop icons.)
Now, you will always enjoy your beautiful wallpaper.
- Besides saving and restoring the layout your icons, Desktop Icon Toy allows you to also lock the desktop icons.
(Don't worry about carelessly moving your icons again.)
- Swap Desktop Icons in Primary Monitor
- Do you have multiple monitors?
- Do you frequently switch between single monitor and multiple monitors?
- Have you frustrated by frequently arranging the icons druing switch of monitors?
With Desktop Icon Toy, you can always keep icons in the layout of multiple monitors. If you switch in single monitor mode,
you still could swap secondary monitor icons in primary monitor, which allow you to access them temporarily.
- If you are tired of the small desktop icons, now you can
- Resize them and make them bigger, like:
- Would you like to stick some notes on your desktop?
With Desktop Icon Toy, you could add a note for any icons. It will be displayed when you hover the mouse over the icon.
You could also embed the HTML tags into the note to enrich its appearance.
- Change Desktop Icon Text Color
- Sometimes you change to use a beautiful wallpaper, but maybe hard to see your desktop icon text again as its default color is similar to your wallpaper. Even more there will be an ugly background under the test.
With Desktop Icon Toy, you can change the desktop icon text or background to any color.
You can also make the background of desktop icon text transparent.
- Remove all desktop icons, and only keep the icon texts.
- Change desktop icons to small mode,
(all the icons will become small, and icon texts will be placed on the right of icons.)
- Remove desktop icon shortcut overlay.
- Activate desktop icons using single mouse click.
- Automatically select icon when mouse hovers over an icon.
Reviews, Awards, and Testimonials
- Desktop Icon Toy has been a true 'life saver' to me. I am a power user who is frequently upgrading and replacing software on my computer. This frequent software changes often cause Windows Vista to crash for one reason or another, which often times resulted in losing the layout of my desktop icons. Since I manage many different projects at the same time, I have lots of icons spread over many different screens, and losing the layout of those icons was disastrous. Desktop Icon Toy came to rescue and solved my problem. Now if Vista crashes, Desktop Icon Toy will restore the layout of my multi-monitor desktop upon system reboot, saving me the hassle and time of having to re-arrange the icons. Two other features that I have found to be very useful are the ability to automatically hide desktop icons when I am working on an application window (useful in that it removes the distraction of all those icons in the background), and the ability to have icons 'dance' when the mouse hovers over them (useful in that you can immediately see where your mouse is located). Last, but definitely not least I have say that the support team behind Desktop Icon Toy is one of the best I have EVER seen in the industry. They reply very promptly to bug reports and suggestions, and are very friendly and interested to help. Some days ago I reported a bug on the software, and within hours they had already fixed it. That level of good service is sadly no longer present in the industry, except for in very few cases. Desktop Icon Toy is one of those. I strongly recommend buying Desktop Icon Toy in order to supports its further development." Paul Witschey
- Desktop Icon Toy is not a gimmick or just a party toy, but a well thought out missing desktop tool and inspired novelty that makes my desktop life more organized and enjoyable. I thought when I first saw it's description that it would be fun for about 5 minutes. However, the ability to save and restore layouts peeked my interest. So, after installing Desktop Icon Toy v2.6 I was amazed at it's functionality to lock down my unruly desktop jungle. I am finally able to uninstall an outdated, no longer supported Windows 95 clunker that only poorly saved my desktop icon positions. Now I can truly organize them and save their layout and have peace of mind that they will always be where I need them. Not only that, I can now lock them in place so if my touchpad accidentaly picks one up, that move is rejected and it is summarily and cutely returned to it's orginal postion. The various shapes and patterns are a hit at office parties and the clock reminds us of our deadlines. Please support these innovative programmers who are continually working to fix and improve Desktop Icon Toy by buying and using this great utility tool." JW 'Yawn' vanLohuizen, consultant.
- Whoooooo Hoooooo this is the most awesome transparent Desktop icon software I have ever found that does it all. The most important thing to me is to have not only the text transparent but the background too. All the other great features Desktop Icon Toy has is just added candy for me, I have had some awesome compliments even from a computer tech that he could not believe my desktop icons look like and can giggle and able to put them where I want them as a added feature to my wallpaper design. Many Thanks to Desktop Icon Toy" Chichigirl
- Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista (32/64 bits)/Windows 7 (32/64 bits) operating system
Don't hesitate any longer! Click here free to try Desktop Icon Toy now.